Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Back from Vacation

So, I haven't posted anything since we left on our vacation and I have a ton of stuff to post about now!! I will post the good stuff tomorrow when I have more time about the actual graduation. For now I think I am going to post about some of the experiences I had.

The first thing that I had an issue with was the bathrooms at some of the places we stopped. Not that they were all dirty, some of them were not the best, but they were usable. My issue was with the lack of baby changing stations!! I cannot believe how many places still do not have a baby changing station! I have heard about men complaining about the lack of changing stations in the men's bathroom, and they are right, but we have to get them in the women's bathroom too! I am absolutely discusted that I had to change my daughters diaper on the floor. Yes, I had one of those plastic mats from the diaper bag, but still that is horrible!! And, the one bathroom only had room in the handicapped stall and when I went in some woman had shit all over the seat!! I think it is awful that these places do not have a changing station and women have to change diapers on the floor!!

The next thing is I understand that some people do not like to hear a crying baby during dinner and when I am at home I feel the same way, I want her to stop crying so that I can eat. But, when we went  out to eat and Kenna started crying I kept getting nasty looks. Then when I proceeded to feed her baby food at the table I got even more nassty looks. I just have to say that some people need to realize that parents should still be able to out to eat and they do not always have someone to watch their child, especially when they are on vacation.

I have decided that I was crazy to take a 5 month old on a 12 hour drive, even if we split it into two days!! Half way through the second day of driving Kenna decided she had enough of the car seat and she just wanted to be out. Every day it was almost instant that when she was put in the seat she cried. Then we gave her a break on Saturday and today she was fine!! Hardly any crying at all. At one point on Friday though she decided that she was very tired!! 
                                    

Well, I do not think I will be traveling with a baby any long distances any time soon! Tomorrow I will be posting about the Marine Graduation at Paris Island from this weekend. Just a sneak peak, IT WAS AWSOME!!! It was the best experience of my life and even though Kenna gave me some trouble I am glad that I went and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment