Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Scrap crochet granny square blanket

The Ok, this first part is not about the blanket so bear with me! I officially think I am not supposed to work out. Yesterday I woke up with a headache so bad that everytime I moved my head pounded. Today, Kenna decided 400 in the morning was a good time to wake up. Okay, all done with that now!!

So I love to crochet and I love making patterns my own. Along with that though, I hate all of the scraps that I end up with that are not big enough to do anything with. I have made many granny square scrap quilts. One I made was several continuous granny squares sown together. This one is several little squares together. I am going to make this a rather large blanket for my baby girl. I have made and have several baby blankets and they are just that, very soft and lovely blankets and I love them for just her, but none of them are big enough for us to cuddle together under. That is my goal for this blanket. I will post pictures as I go, but if you have any questions along the way, just let me know. This blanket will most likely take me a while to make considering I have a lot baby yarn to use up. I am using Red Heart Baby yarn, the kind with the silver strands in it. The reason I am using all of this up is because I do not have enough of any one color to make a blanket and you cannot buy this yarn any more.

Here is the yarn I am using.


Here is the squares I have made so far.


I also have white that I am using for the boarder and to connect the squares. Again I will be posting pictures as I progress through! Any questions just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment