If you have read any of my first few posts you know that I am a first time mother of a beautiful baby girl. I love her to death and wouldn't trade her for the world!! I am not ready to leave her for a week while I am on vacation, like some people I know. But with that being said, I hate traveling with a baby!! They require so much stuff!
My husband and I are going on vacation starting tommorow with my mom, step-dad, and younger brther. We are going to Paris Island, my brother is graduating from the Marines!! I am very excited and happy for him and proud of him so I do not want to miss this once in a lifetime event! But, going on this trip with my five month old is crazy!! My husband and I bought a brand new Chevy Cruze thinking that this would be a great family car. Don't get me wrong, I loved that car, but when I put the infant car seat in the car it was too crouded and we had to get a bigger car. We bought a Dodge Journey and I love it too, and I am glad we got it. I am starting to get things packed to leave and I realize between the pack and play, stroller, stuff for Kenna for a week, my stuff, and my husbands stuff we will have very little room left, so I can only imagine if we still had the Cruze!!
Now I know that traveling with a baby is difficult, but I am going to get off topic for a little bit. I cannot stand it when people want a baby so bad, but then let their family raise them while they go away for 3-4 days a week. I can understand maybe once but twice in 2 weeks! in 14 days this person was only with her baby 5 or 6 days! I can not imagine leaving my baby for more than one day at a time and she is five months old, the individual I am talking about, her baby is only 3 1/2 months! I know you need a break but really! Going to work is enough of a break for me.
Ok, back on topic. I am excited to see my brother after 13 longs weeks, but driving for 12 hours with a 5 month old is going to be interesting to say the least!
No comments:
Post a Comment