Okay, so I know you are tired of seeing weigh loss blogs and so on, but this is differnt! First of all this blog is not only about weight loss, it's about everyday life, my life, but yes part of this will be about weight loss, and I will explain why. FIrst of all let's start with where the weight gain started I am a nurse and I blame nursing school for the weight gain, and birth control and eating fast food. Ok, so i know as a nurse you are supposed to be healthy and all but when you are working 30 hours a week and going to school 40 hours a week and 16 hours a week of clinical plus studying all the time you barely have time to sleep let alone cook and eat healthy, so for two and a half years i lived off of take out and fast food. Also I was on birth control at the time so that didn't help at all.
Since I graduated I have tried to loose the weigh and would loose 10-15 pounds then I would stop loosing weight and would give up on he diet and exercise at that time and gain all the weight back. After having my baby girl I breastfed her for about a week and was able to loos some of the baby weight but after I stopped breastfeeding I gained the weight back. I do not have many friends that need to loose weight and I do not live near many people that I know. That is when I got the idea to try tto write about my weight loss on a blog. I hope to gain some followers so that I can be held accountable for my weight loss goals and find some encouragement. I hope to start posting some things on here that I have been afraid to admit. I am hopooing to gain support and encouragement through this blog.
So here is the start of my current weight loss journey. And here is something I have not been able to admit to anyone: at my hightest weight I weighed 200 pounds. Currently today I weigh 198.2 pounds. So I am going to start this journey with 5 goals and I will update these goals at least monthly. Here are the goals I will start with and my plans to achieve them.
1. My first goal is to drink more water. I hope to try to drink at least 3 bottles of water daily. I wil start every day with 3 bottles of water in the fridge and try to drink them all.
2. Second off I will stop eating junk food. This means chips, chocolate, ice cream and so on. I will not by these foods when I go grocery shopping, and if I buy them for my husband I will get things I do not like.
3. I will walk on the treadmill at least half an hour 4 days a week. Since Kenna has been sleeping through the night she usually sleeps untilll about 7 AM I will get up by 6 AM so I can do this.
4. I will run for at least 1 minute every 10 minutes while I am on the treadmill. I hope to increase my stamina.
5. I hope to get back to my pre-baby weight by the end of the year. This should not be a very difficult goal as this means only loosing 8 pounds by the end of the year.
Bonus: I am adding this goal because I have a bad habit of weighing myself every day and when I do this I may go two days without loosing weight and I start to get disouraged way to early. So this goal is to only weigh myself once a week, no more!
I hope to update my blog at least weekly with my weight loss progress. Please feel free to ask me any questions and please leave any words of encouragement you have! Also feel free to let me know about your weight loss goals, difficulties, successes, what worked and what didn't work and anything else you would like to share.
Thank you in advance for your participation and words of encouragement!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment